This is an area of beautiful castles: the Castle of Mur, the Castle of Llordà, the Castle of Guardia, the Castle of Orcau… These are all border castles from the era of the Muslim invasions.
Visiting the castles of Mur and Llordà you can enjoy the magic and history of the Counts of Pallars allowing you to submerge yourself into the customs, the way of life and the buildings of the time.
And the museums? Even better!
- The ’Epicentre’ of Tremp offers a window into all the interesting corners of the Pallars.
- The Conca Dellà Museum in Isona tells the story of the evolution of the earth from the time of the dinosaurs to Roman times, with reconstructions of dinosaur bones and models.
- The shops of the Museum of Salàs de Pallars have been preserved with the products and decorations of forty, fifty years ago and explain the evolution of advertising and advertising brands, as well as of society and the way of life throughout those times. Salàs hosted the second largest cattle fair in the whole peninsula for many years. A visit you cannot afford to miss!
- In Pobla de Segur the Museu dels Raiers (the River Rafters Museum) and the old oil mill.
- In Claverol the Parc de les olors (Park of Scents).
- And in Capdella the Hydroelectric Museum of Catalonia.